3 Easy Steps to Staying Fit
by Amy Cotta
Adapted from Six Weeks to Skinny Jeans
Staying fit can be a challenge. I am a huge believer that neither diet nor exercise alone is enough in order to stay fit and healthy. And you must have the right mindset. Without positive thinking, you’re likely to talk yourself out of exercising or into eating junk food (or overeating). In order to be truly successful, you must incorporate diet, exercise, and the right attitude into your plan, thus the DEA philosophy.
- D = Diet: You must take in fewer calories than you burn. However, foods in your diet must also be satisfying and easy to prepare or you won’t stick to it very long.
- E = Exercise: You must work out in order to burn calories. With my plan, you will move something, somewhere, every single day.
- A = Attitude: If your head and heart aren’t in the plan, the plan won’t happen. You won’t follow a reasonable eating regime, and you won’t work out. You have to want change, and you have to believe you can change.
With only one of these components, you may make a small change for a small amount of time, but you must engage all three elements to be truly successful for the long haul. I DARE you to try all three for thirty days and see how great you feel.
Tags: amy cotta, attitude, diet, exercise, fitness, mind & body, staying fit
- Ironman Chattanooga for The Boot Campaign - October 15, 2014
- Support Warriors 4 Life - August 25, 2014
- The Story Behind iMoveFor – Charity Through Fitness - August 22, 2014
- Cooking Survival Tools - July 21, 2014
- Cucumber Salsa - July 21, 2014
- Boot Campaign - July 14, 2014
- Baked Zucchini Fries - July 7, 2014
- 3 Easy Steps to Staying Fit - July 1, 2014
- 5 Steps to a Stress Free Race - June 30, 2014
- Charity Database - May 29, 2014