7 Steps to Sticking to Your Fitness Goals
by Jim Cotta NSCA CSCS
- Set Realistic Goals – make them short-term goals and ones that are achievable so that you can get a win under your belt
- Get Very Specific – instead of your goal being to get in better shape, get specific and say I’m going to lose 10 lbs in 3 months, or lose 5% body fat in 3 months
- Have a Plan – Once you decide upon a goal you need to have a detailed plan on paper to help get you there. Set up a meeting with me if you need some help in this area
- Make One Food Resolution – again make this a short-term resolution like no bread for 2 months, no alcohol for a month, or no soda for 3 months
- Put Events on your Calendar – The event could be a walk, 5k, half marathon, bike ride, etc. Or something like a vacation to the beach where you will be in your swimsuit. Something that will keep you accountable and motivated
- Place a Wager with a Friend – Bet your friend that you can lose more weight or body fat over a certain amount time.
- Join a Workout Class – Nothing better than having others around you to keep you motivated.
fitness goals, goal setting, goals, Jim Cotta, TRX