Healthy Pumpkin Cake
You can have your cake and nutrition too!
- For the cake:
- 1¼ cups of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Splenda
- 4 egg whites (beaten)
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 cups flour (all-pourpose)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- For the frosting:
- ¼ cup Smart Balance Butter
- 4 oz low-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners (powdered sugar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients from the cake recipe together in a large mixing bowl (flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin spice & salt). Fold in the pumpkin.
- In another bowl mix together applesauce and Splenda.
- Add eggs to applesauce mixture.
- Add applesauce mixture to dry ingredients bowl.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cake is lightly golden brown and toothpick comes out clean from center of cake. Baking time will vary depending on the size of your pan, type of oven and your current altitude.
- Set cake aside and allow to cool before frosting.
- Using a hand held mixer cream – the cream-cheese and butter
- Add powder sugar & vanilla
Tags: cake, deserts, food, pumpkin, recipe, recipes
- Ironman Chattanooga for The Boot Campaign - October 15, 2014
- Support Warriors 4 Life - August 25, 2014
- The Story Behind iMoveFor – Charity Through Fitness - August 22, 2014
- Cooking Survival Tools - July 21, 2014
- Cucumber Salsa - July 21, 2014
- Boot Campaign - July 14, 2014
- Baked Zucchini Fries - July 7, 2014
- 3 Easy Steps to Staying Fit - July 1, 2014
- 5 Steps to a Stress Free Race - June 30, 2014
- Charity Database - May 29, 2014